One of our favorite things about the summer is using fresh fruit to jazz up otherwise boring dishes. Our spotlight ingredient these days is WATERMELON! It’s crisp, sweet, juicy and delicious- adding a delicious crunch to any recipe. We’re loving the look and taste of watermelon in our salads. Below is a recipe for Watermelon Salad with Mint & Crispy Prosciutto. Bon Appetit!
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 pounds watermelon (including rind)
- 6 radishes, quartered
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F. Arrange the prosciutto in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Trim and discard the rind from the watermelon. Cut the flesh into 1/4-inch-thick triangles. Place the watermelon in serving dishes and sprinkle with the radishes, scallions, mint, and peanuts. Drizzle with the lime juice and oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Break the prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle over the salad before serving.