If all you want to do this summer is chill out, then heating up your stove to make dinner isn’t going to help. To keep the sweltering temperatures outside, consider no-cook, dinner-worthy salads and wraps. The bonus? Quick and easy preparation.
- 4 large hearts romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 English cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, preferably heirloom, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed, and cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed, and cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed, and cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Kalamata olives, pitted
- Green olives, pitted
- Anchovies (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Store-bought stuffed grape leaves (optional)
- Place lettuce on a large, deep oval platter. Arrange feta, cucumbers, tomatoes, each pepper, onion, each type of olive, anchovies, and grape leaves, if using, in rows on top of the lettuce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad just before serving.