By Valerie Griffiths, Griff Electric
My husband, Sean Griffiths and I co-own Griff Electric. Our company installs lots of lighting fixtures in homes and businesses and often customers ask us for modern lighting ideas. Lighting is my personal passion–I love the way it can transform a room and personalize a space. The right lighting sets the mood, highlights special features in the home, and just feels right. We compiled this list of the hottest lighting trends for 2014 that may inspire you to spice up your living space!
1. Modern industrial lighting is all the rage! Industrial-looking fixtures create an aesthetic that is simplistic and chic.
2. Globe lighting, like this branching bubble globe chandelier, is completely elegant, yet remains fun and trendy.
3. Gallery lighting highlights your photos or artwork, and pulls your display together with a polished finish. Brass or high-polish fixtures are especially popular.
4. Pull Moroccan-inspired lighting into cozy spaces to add some luxury. Lamps like this one give a unique, exotic feel.
5. Statement light fixtures are bold and meant to draw significant visual interest. Anything goes…how daring will you be?
6. LED wall lights are efficient and long lasting, and provide a very clean aesthetic.
7. LED landscape and accent lights are popular for 2014 as they’re considered eco-friendly. They highlight the outdoor spaces on your property that deserve some extra attention.
8. Cage lanterns make a big impact in any room, bringing in a look that’s both bold and antique.
9. Pendants are in for 2014, and floral pendants are super whimsical.
10. Picture yourself here. Firepits and outdoor living rooms are heating up in 2014, and can be enjoyed for much of the year. Proper outdoor lighting surrounding the area makes it safer and more functional.
A huge thank you to our friends at Griff Electric for contributing to our blog! Want to contribute? Email us today to submit your post!